Friday, June 15, 2007

The film Hollywood forgot

For all of you who have tween girls (or maybe even boys if you can force them into going) in the house, I have great news! Hollywood finally made a movie that doesn't involve scantily clad teens, anything close to sexual innuendo and *gasp* only a few curse words. Yup, you guessed it:

Nancy Drew

I could hardly contain my delight as we watched the movie. Princess didn't move. She was completely lost in the story. It was edge of your seat suspense and I even caught her grabbing my arm a few times as Nancy ventured into dark passageways and was chased by bad guys. There was no blood, no violence (some violence was implied, like a bad guy getting whacked over the head with a shovel) but none of it was shown. Nancy's boyfriend came for a visit and they didn't even hold hands. (Ned did give Nancy a little kiss at the end of the movie, but it was a sweet little kiss).

I really cannot get over how wonderful this movie was. I was disappointed that there weren't more people in the theater. Granted we did see a 4:30 showing, but I'd be surprised if there were 20 people in the theater. Hollywood isn't going to make more movies like this if we don't pay to see 'em people!

Tomorrow I'm going to see Fantastic Four, but I'm sure it won't be anywhere near as family friendly.

3 comments:

Emily Suess said...

I thought this looked good too, but I don't have a kid to take with me to keep from looking silly. (Don't worry, looking silly never stopped me from embarrassing myself!) I'll have to check it out. :)

Lippy said...

I have a young'un that I'd like to see "Nancy Drew" with, and with your blessings, I know now that I have to put it on my must-see list. Thanks for the review. Lemme know how the Fantastic Four flick turns out.

Christy said...

Ok so I missed this entry! I'm glad to hear it was so good, it looks really cute!