Tuesday, October 16, 2007

What the heck!

Sometimes I wonder how I can go so long without taking time to post. When I bother to take the time to put it all down on a page, it makes me feel so much better!

School is stressful. And getting more so every minute. There are so many days when I just want to throw in the towel. Thankfully there are almost as many days when everything seems to click in place and I remember that I'm almost done. Almost done. That's what I have to keep reminding myself. Although with this double major I seem to have added another year onto my torture which means all next year I'll be in class instead of just one semester. And of course there are 2 semesters of student teaching after that.

Ya gotta love teaching. It's bad enough that most internships are unpaid, but to be a teacher you have to PAY for an internship. What the heck? Does that seem fair?? I know, I know, it's all for the best and there's still a lot of learning that goes on in that year so it's best to have it managed by a university.

I'm still struggling to pull up my math GPA. My history GPA is good enough to apply for the college of ed, but my math is still low. I do have 5 classes left, so there's wiggle room - but man these classes are NOT getting any easier! I'm just going to die if I have to do my student teaching in history! I know it's only a year and once I graduate with 2 degrees nobody is going to be checking my math GPA. Did I mention I really, really don't want to student teach in history? Just the thought of assigning projects and papers and then having to grade them....YIKES! It makes my head spin!

And completely off topic. Princess was playing on the laptop tonight. She has a tendency to try to do too many processes at once, so I taught her how to use ctrl+alt+del to free things up when she gets stuck. So she's playing away and then I hear, "uh mom the screen is upside down". I looked and just had to laugh. The whole display was upside down, including the cursor which meant it was working backwards (or well, i guess upside down). She was just in a panic. It was so cute. She thought she really broke it! So I showed her that she had just hit ctrl+alt+arrow instead of del and that it was easy enough to fix. Of course then she wanted to try to turn the display sideways both ways and upside down again.

She's easily amused. What can I say??

And (because I'm so thankful that football season is almost over) here's the obligatory "oh isn't she adorable picture" of her majesty!

6 comments:

otowi said...

As a high school math teacher,

the better you can be at math the better for your students. We have too many kids and adults saying, "I'm just not good at math" in an age when it is no longer acceptable by the standardized testers, graduation requirements, college requirements, job requirements, and world competitiveness of our economy as well. We need an attitudinal change about math in our society and we need every teacher to support math and be competent in math for our kids today.

Okay, just my obviously biased opinion now.

Laura said...

I absolutely dislike Math. Ohh... does it get under my skin. I hope you are able to pull up the grade. Glad to hear from ya!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the concept of math, I just can't seem to get my brain to grasp it. So I feel you there. I loved the pic of the Princess. She is too precious!

Christy said...

Well it's about time you update good grief you act like you have a life and are busy or something, when reality is you just sit there not doing anything...I know it's true! LOL

Too funny about the computer thing! Got to love that girl. Wahoo on cheerleading almost being done!!

I know you'll pull up your math gpa...but I find it funny that you could have to do your ST in history, which I would love and the thought of Math makes me shutter! LOL

Ok, I'm off got a meeting! Love ya

Christy said...

oh I totally forgot to tell you that Jacob's starting the beginnings of freaking prealgerbra! I'm so going to be in trouble come next year I have a feeling! I'll be calling the high school to ask for a tutor if I have to! But how crazy is that...1st grade...pre algebra!

it's the whole x+4=y

insanity!

Lippy said...

Ha ha, I think I have a friend in the Princess as I, too, am easily amused!