Sunday, October 08, 2006

Gone Fishin'

How I would love to just put a sign on my door "gone fishin'".

I've decided it's hopeless to try to finish 3 of my classes. The 3 that I am taking with the same professor. I know my limits and I need certain things to succeed and he is not givine me ANYTHING to work with! I'll just bite the bullet and withdraw from the classes - take them again next semester. I still have one class I can finish and hopefully the doctor's office will be able to find some hours for me - because you know those darn financial aid people are going to want their money back! I think I'm OK with the whole thing, but I hate being in this situation. This means classes again next summer. GRRRRR

It helps if I blame it on idiot (although it's sort of a stretch to go there). He's off camping again this weekend...and next...So that means less time for homework and more carting the princess around. Only 3 more games left though, I have to take her to at least 2 of those, which means mister "we'd love to take her to the games" will have taken her to a whopping two games total. Oh, well, 3 if we count the varsity game she got invited to from her cheer clinich this summer.

She's been complaining about her knee for a while now and the coach at the gym tonight said we should probably get it looked at - said he thinks it looks a little bit "crooked". UM? CROOKED? Not sure exactly what that means, but I figure it's probably not a good thing! I'm also fairly sure that a referral is going to mean a CT - and I'm just not sure...well I AM sure that I'm going to be totally panicked the whole time we are in radiology. I'm tired of my brain screaming cancer everytime my daughter doesn't feel good.

She also hasn't gotten up enough nerve to decide completely that she isn't going camping with idiot this weekend. She doesn't want to go - she wants to stay home and go to her game. She LOVES cheerleading (shhhhh! don't tell!). But you know, he's going to make her feel guilty and like she's letting him down. Of course, mention that he could stay home too and take her to the game? Heaven forbid!

We had fun with her home this weekend though. She ordered a "how to crochet" book with her last scholastic book order so this weekend she crocheted over a pony and it came out so cute! After cheerleading we went to see a movie with Sweetie and her mom and little brother. Over the Hedge was the Dove film this week. For the bargain price of $2 for adults and all kids free we packed into a movie theater with 500 other people and laughed our butts off. Now, Sweetie's little brother is only 6 (and acts younger than that) so I'm not sure it's the kind of movie I would have taken him to - but then again I wouldn't have taken him to see Harry Potter 4 or Pirate of the Carribbean 2 either, so I guess this one was tame by comparison.

I don't think I'm happy right now. I hate being on the verge of whatever this is.

I don't want to be this girl. The one slowly losing grip on reality. I want to be the together one. The one who knows what she wants, and somehow pulls it all together.

I wonder where she went?

4 comments:

Astaryth said...

"crocheted over a pony" Do you mean a pony tail holder?? If so, I have a gazillion websites with different patterns for those...

You're still that girl... I know that sometimes I have to REALLY look for her before I find her.. She hides {LOL}

Charley said...

Don't worry about that other shoe - it's not going to fall. Sometimes we just need to step back and rest a bit...
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/cdittric77/courage

Christy said...

(((((((Kelly))))))))))

I love you and sorry you have come to this being your only option. Maybe this is what you need though, more or less a break. With just one class and some extra money coming in.

Just think you'll have more online time with ME!! LOL

Charles said...

It sounds like your stressed. Maybe cutting down on your classes is what you need. Hope things get better for you. Maybe a cruise or something. Everyone deserves to do something to relaxe and have fun.