Sunday, August 27, 2006

Ah Weekends!

Don't you just love weekends? I survived my week at the doctor's office and looking back I can honestly say, "I'm going to miss it". It's true. I always leave there feeling like I've put in a good day's work. Everybody is nice to work with. You couldn't ask for a nicer place to work.

Even if my feet are killing me!

Do you know what it's like to wear pumps all week after 6 months of sneakers??

On a school note.....

One of my professors (educational psych) posted his 5 page syllabus the other day. Where he says, (and I quote here) Some of my personal prejudices that I have developed over the course of teaching at the University level:

1. Students that ask if I have a stapler.
2. Students that email me without identifying themselves or their section.
3. Students that turn in work without identifying their section.
4. Students that miss class and then email me to see what they missed
(ask another student instead!).
5. Students that miss class or carry on side conversations in class and then wonder why they don't do well! It's obvious!

I'm either going to love this guy or really hate him, I'll let you know after the first day of class.

Princess survived spending the night with idiot. Her Grandma & Grandpa came into town to see idiot's new house and decided they better come on a night that princess was there since they haven't seen her since Christmas (mind you they only live 45 minutes away).

I'm going to surprise Princess on Thursday with a train ride! Amtrak leaves here and has a stop less than an hour away. Tickets are only $7.50! Bad part, it leaves at 7:30 in the morning! But, she has always wanted to ride on the train and since idiot fell through on his promise to take her to Chicago this summer (because his wife couldn't get any time off work?!! Like he can't take a day trip with his daughter?!! Don't get me started......) She's going to be so excited, I can't wait to see her face.

I need to get a picture of her in her cheerleader uniform. She had team pictures taken Thursday night, but I'm not hopeful that they are going to turn out that great. It was the most unorganized mess I've ever had to be a part of.

Ah well, she was just excited to get to wear her uniform for a while.

I don't want to be a cheerleader mom!

OH!

I know this was highlighted on a lot of 11:00 news programs tonight, but you have GOT to check this out!

Fantasy Husband

3 comments:

TJ said...

laughing...a cheerleaders mom??
Bouncing, jumping chanting 24/7 is she?
I did and yes it makes the household a hell hole for others...but hey " Go Girl"
Off to check out the fantasy link...love tj

Anonymous said...

i hope you like your professor! you better take pics of Princess's train ride! I miss the Amtrak! Boo :[.
hugs ♥

Charles said...

Your professor sounds like he is going to be strict. Everything he said made sense.

I sure would have liked to just go for a ride with my father everyday. Even if it was a short one.