Monday, August 28, 2006

And so it begins...

First day of classes. Where to begin? Yesterday I was about to print a copy of my schedule (this is about 6pm) when I thought, gosh, I wonder if the class I really (REALLY) want to take is still full. They are only offering 2 sections of it this semester and I haven't been able to get into it since registration opened in March. And WOO HOO! ONE seat open. Of course this meant I had to change around ALL my other classes! So I did. Informed my mom at 9:30 last night when she got home that her babysitting duties had changed. She wasn't thrilled, but it didn't change TOO much, so she could adjust.

Fast forward to my first class at 9 this morning. The teacher was great, the class is going to be everything I hoped it would be AND he teaches Calc 3, which I wasn't able to get into this semester. AND he teaches at 10, right after the other class. So, I thought, what the heck....can't hurt to ask......And after class I asked him if he would grant me a closed class permit to take his Calc 3. He asked me what else I was taking and we went over my schedule, in the end he granted me a closed class permit for his Calc 3 section and the class that he teaches at 11 (which I was going to take with another prof on T/H). I guess I best hope that he turns out to be as nice as he seems since I am going to be spending 3 hours in a row with him MW and Friday! This is going to mean dropping my Educational Psychology class, but I can take that next semester.....or maybe CLEP it? I haven't decided yet. My original plan was to CLEP it, but I need to bring my overall psych GPA up.....

Ah well, one thing at a time, right?

My class this evening was an entirely "other" story. Not sure I'm going to like it! But, it's required to get into the College of Education, so I don't have a choice. It's only a 3 credit class and we meet twice a week for 1 hr & 50 minutes. PLUS we are required to observe 2 hours a week at a local high school PLUS the additional homework, etc..... This is SO NOT a 3 credit class! I'm emailing the department tonight to ask them just what they are thinking!

Not that they'll care, I'm sure - LOL

Poor Princess is suffering from emotional overload. She spent almost a week with just my mom up north the week I took finals week. Then I worked so many hours last week and now she's just ready to have a down day with boring old mom and Thursday seems to be too far off! I'll be thankful when school starts for her next week and we can be back to a normal schedule.

And can somebody please tell me.....

Where did this summer go?!!

4 comments:

Emily Suess said...

Right down the drain, that's where! Where's a good, hairy, gunky, clogged-up, slow-moving drain when you need it?

Anonymous said...

Man, I am with you. Summer just disappeared! Completely! Glad you had a good first day! :]
xox ♥

Anonymous said...

I start on Thursday. I have A & P and microbiology! Scary! Hope you ahve a great semester. I want summer to stay longer too! Linda

Christy said...

That's great on the class's and getting what you're wanting! I hope this teacher's as nice as he seems too, since you'll be spending so much time with him! I have a feeling you're either going to love him or hate him after 3 hrs of classes with him each week!

I hope you and Princess had a good day today.