Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Real World

Having spent the last two days in the "real world" I already need a vacation! I forgot how exhausting it was to be in a fast paced doctor's office all day. My feet are killing me from wearing grown up shoes. My head is still pounding from the phones ringing all day. Basically I'm falling apart. Suddenly I am longing to be back in that Calc 2 class.

The other half of being back in the real world.....dealing with all the stupid people! I had forgotten how many clueless, CLUELESS people there are out there! Here's one of my top pet peeves......

+ring+ +ring+ "Dr's office, Kelly speaking can I help you" "uh, yeah, dis number was on my caller ID and i wanna know why you be callin me"......."well, this is Dr's X, Y & Z office, is anybody at your house a patient here?"....."I dunno, maybe my moms but she ain't here right now, so why was you callin her?" At this point the phone should just be slammed down in this idiot's ear, but being the seemingly nice professional that I am, I politely tell him he'll have to have his mom call back when she gets in and maybe then we can get it straightened out.

I mean, COME ON! there are 20 people in the office who could have made that call and unless you can tell me the patients name, or maybe even narrow it down to which of the four doctors i need to start with.....there's no hope of figuring out who called you! Some people are such morons!

And this occurs frequently! Here's a hint people, if you have caller ID and you want to know WHY we are calling you.....get a freakin' answering machine!

This is the 21st Century right?

Phew, I feel so much better now :-)

Tomorrow Princess has to get her allergy shots and then after lunch we are going ice skating with one of her friends. Ice skate for 2 hours for 5 bucks (including skate rental) how great is that in the summer? Cool off in the 50 degree ice arena and then go back out and play in the sunshine. It's our best discovery this summer.

After that, back to work Thursday and Friday. If I survive that, I get a night to myself Friday night while Princess sleeps over at her dad's and visits with his parents. I definitely think there will be a movie for me Saturday morning. I don't even care if there's anything good playing!

I can't even believe this is how I am spending my one week off from school! What was I thinking?!! (oh, right, darn bills........)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

UGH, being in the real world sucks, doesn't it?! I've been thinking of you :] Good luck with school!

Christy said...

ROFL!I shouldn't laugh that you got to deal with an idiot, but hey..someone had to might as well been you so you could blog to us about it!

It's too bad you couldn't have just had this week off, but I know without a doubt the extra money will be nice!

Charles said...

I had people call and ask me a similar question when I am at work.

Today, I had a customer compain because her penny was dirty. (Shaking head in hand)