Thursday, August 31, 2006

Things I meant to do.....

Wow, I'm exhausted! I meant to be better this week. I meant to have my homework finished already (haven't even started on it). I meant to clean off my dining room table (HA! Like that's going to happen). And then Em tagged me and I meant to do a great post on books that I love (I'll do it, really!).

But, it's 9:00, I'm watching Gray's Anatomy and I am just exhausted. We did NOT ride the train today. Princess decided that she didn't want to ride it bad enough to arrive for the 6:35 departure (thank goodness). We DID go to
Michigan Adventure today, which was a blast! I cannot believe how lucky we got with our amusement park trips this year. Hardly anybody at the park today, the longest we waited for a ride was MAYBE 5 minutes. But it was rare to have to wait at all. We had tons of fun. Princess wanted to stay, but I told her 5 hours was enough for mom! We headed back home and dragged ourselves to orientation at school tonight. Listened to the usual blather about our high academic standards, high behavioral standards, moral focus, yadda yadda. Don't get me wrong, I do love our school but it gets old dragging yourself into a mandatory meeting every year to listen to the same thing. Turns out last school year our school ranked #4 out of the 51 charter schools in our organization. (I knew we were good!)

Princess got to see some friends she hadn't seen all summer. Tomorrow we are going ice skating one last time before school starts for her. And it turns out her "boyfriend" is going to be there too. Ah, young love :-)

So, where was I going with all this? Oh yeah, I'm sitting here stuffing my face with my mom's homemade apple pie. And I do mean home-made. Crust from scratch and everything. It's heaven. Trying very hard not to remember all the things I should be doing. I'd like to be sleeping. But that homework isn't going anywhere, and I should get to that sooner rather than later.

5 comments:

Charles said...

Mmmmmmmmmm...Pie!

Did they serve anything to eat at that mandatory meeting? If not someone would have had to pop me in my head to wake me up. LMAO

I guess its worth it to go when your school is the fourth best in an organization.

Emily Suess said...

I was talking to my mom after the first week of classes and I asked her, "Is it December yet?" Man things just get more hectic all the time. Good luck with all that homework, mom,parent/teacher/school stuff!!

Christy said...

And just why was I not invited over for Pie? I don't want to hear the excuse that an ocean seperates us, you could have still offered a slice. Man! LOL Sounds like you had a great day, even if the orientation was the same ol'-same ol'

BosieLadie said...

Awww... Apple pie sounds wonderful. 'Tis the season for all the hetic hussle and bussle, with school starting and holidays coming. Sounds like you and Princess had a good time at the park.

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good time at michigan adventure. School is going to be rough this time for me! I know I said that last time and did great, hoping this will be the same! Linda