Saturday, September 01, 2007

She is SUCH a girl!

I love my daughter, really I do...but she is SUCH a girl!

I swear if ONE more tube of lip gloss melts anywhere in my house I am going to make HER clean it up. She sails through life blindly putting nail polish on her nails wherever she finds to sit (translated this means I have random spots of pink nail polish on furniture and carpets). She takes nail polish off sometimes in the middle of some random room. There are SPARKLES all over her dresser. It's my mother's fault really. She doesn't see it as a problem for Princess to leave open bottles of nail polish remover wherever she happens to park herself.

That was until the bottle tipped over and stripped the finish off the corner of her dining room table. Which grandma claims she doesn't like anyway so who cares. And whenever we are at Grandma's house she thinks it is adorable that Princess just makes a huge mess wherever she goes. It's like a mini tornado has hit!

The child is just hopeless!

(Oh my gosh, U of M lost to WHO? Appalachia State? I can't even spell it let alone who's heard of them??)

Yesterday she insisted on going out in her denim skirt and cowboy boots. Did I mention she's only NINE?? It drives me nuts!

Last year their cheer coach insisted that they would learn something about football. I thought that was a good idea, but the only information she really learned was that a score is called a touchdown. And that, of course, only because one of their cheers is T-O-U-C-H-D-O-W-N. I guess it's better than nothing! I flipped past football tonight and left it there for a minute and she asked me how you could tell the difference between offense and defense. When they lined up I told her that there would be one man on the field that had his hands on the ball and their team is the offense. Easy enough, right, well then her little mind is going a mile a minute and from somewhere inside her brain she says "so that's the quarterback that tells all the other guys what to do, right". Thinking she was on to something I said "right, and the guy who hands the ball to the quarterback is the center....'cause you know he's right in the middle". She looks at me and being the smart 9 year old that she is (or smart alleck as the case may be) she says "well then wouldn't it make more sense to call him the quarter front if he hands the ball to the quarterback"

How can you argue with logic like that?

5 comments:

Christy said...

ROFLPIMP!!! AS much as you wish you didn't, you soooo soooo sooo have a girly girl and you have no hope of having a tomboy in her either! ROFL! Ok so now I really do want to come to your house just to see all the pink scattered around your house! ROFL!

Now as girly as I am, you know I love me some football. This morning at church the Michigan game was actually mentioned and there seemed to be an awful lot of Anti-Michigan fans in there! lol To cheer you up, I had ESPN on last night and they did say that you guys at least lost to the #1 Ranked 1-AA team and that they've won their championship division the last 2 yrs...so although the division is different they are the BEST in their division and well obvoiusly better than you guys! Hey cheer up K-State lost yesterday too, grrr...but it was just by 1 point and was to I think Chad said Auburn.

Emily Suess said...

LOL The world needs girly girls too. And she's got a great mom who can keep her from taking it too far, right? :)

Laura said...

Well, I TOTALLY understand you on this one. I have such a girly girl too. I wish I didn't. :::SIGH:::

Anyways, I found your blog through another. I like!!!

Laura
itsoundslucrative.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I am such a girly girl too. I'll be doomed if I ever have a girl! ha ha. But I too, love me some football! I have really just become interested in this past two seasons, and am excited for this years! :]

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

My daughter is eight. She thinks she is a "tomboy girly-girl." That's how she describes herself anyway.

I hate the damn sparkles and nail polish and force her to use the crap in the bathroom only, but it usually ends up on her carpet!