Thursday, December 01, 2005

A Concert on a School Night

I went to the BEST Christmas concert tonight! My mom bought me an early Christmas present and gave me a pair of tickets to see Mercy Me & Steven Curtis Chapman. I took one of my dearest friends with me (we met in FIFTH grade!). I must admit I am feeling a little old. When the music started we looked at each other and said "gee that's awfully loud". And it continued to be loud for 3 hours. But, that's OK. The crowd wasn't bad for a Wednesday night. I won't even mention that most of the crowd was my age and older - so basically I was at an old people's concert. SIGH.

It was a blessing to listen to these guys though. They had such stories to go along with their songs and rocked the house with their original songs, plus Christmas standards. We even got to hear one of the songs from the upcoming Narnia movie and see the music video to go along with it.

I cannot wait for Narnia to hit theaters next week. I am so looking forward to taking Princess to see this one. We loved the book.

I could go on, but it's late and I can still hear the ringing in my ears :-)

OH! I took my CLEP today and passed it; then I turned in my graduation audit so hopefully in a few weeks I"ll have my diploma to hang on the wall. I have orientation at the new university in the morning so I'll give you the skinny on that in the next post.

5 comments:

Laura said...

SCC gives the BEST concerts!
Did he sing When Love takes You In?
We have seen him way too many times over the years.

Christy said...

Ok just so you know, I'm still reeling in JEALOUSY....because I love both Mercy Me and SCC...as you already know!

I'm glad you had a good time, you didn't happen to "sneak in" a tape recorder so you could send it to me and make me feel like I was there did you? Yeah I didn't think so! LOL

I can't wait for Nania either!!!! I'm just dying to find out if and WHEN it's playing here!!!!

Yahoo on the clep! Proud of you girl!

Emily Suess said...

Hope orientation is free of glitches for you and way to go on the CLEP! I can't wait to read your entries when the semester starts. We'll be virtual classmates, right? :) School is so exciting!

Anonymous said...

I can only imagine how good it was. I am so glad you went!!!

TJ said...

Graduate!!
What a great way to start the "TIS THE SEASON". Sounds like everying is going well...
smiling and thinking about you two over there. ( how's the snow?)
Love TJ~
Your word varification was easy tonight.
"I SEE BLaaHHH way to often!"
http://paisleyskys.blogspot.com/