Saturday, December 24, 2005

Almost Over

Thankfully the holiday season is almost over. I guess by now there are lots of mom's feeling that way. Although we wait with anticipation to share our children's joy; it's just SO much work! I don't usually cook, or do anything specials. I've got it pretty easy in that respect. Tonight we'll enjoy dinner at my aunt's house. Tomorrow morning is Christmas at my parent's house. Just the five of us - me & princess, grandma & grandpa, and my brother. It's usually a pretty casual day. Dad & I might even take in a movie if we are really well behaved.

I finished my shopping and I'm ready to go. There were a few moments when I found myself browsing in the boys department looking at clothes. Just surrounding myself with things that are not to be this season. I'd like to say there's some magical formula. Something that I have found that helps me get through the holidays. Or maybe I should be asking if anybody knows the formula. I certainly haven't found it.

I went out with Mr. Right-Now last night. Even that didn't help much. I suppose it was a distracting to get lost in the routine, the familiarity of it all. He's comfortable and I should try to enjoy him more than I do. It's just so hard this time of year. Everybody is so much better at pretending to be happy than I am.

Princess & I have lots of quality time in our future. I don't go back to work until Thursday so we have lots of days to fill with fun and laughter. Not a bad way to end the year.

May God bless each one of you this holiday season. And may you each find the true meaning of this Christmas season. "For God so loved the world that he gave His only Son, so that everyone who believes in Him might not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16)

Luke 2:8-14
There were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.


Merry Christmas everyone!

16 comments:

TJ said...

{{{ Kelly }}}
It would be so hard to always stay focused on all that you do have when the losses seem equally as great.
I think of you often..Peace.
TJ

Charles said...

Hey Kelly, I just wanted to wish you a Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year.

Charles

Astaryth said...

Just stopping by to wish you (and all of yours) a Merry Christmas!
Adventures of an Eclectic Mind

Bedazzzled1 said...

The holidays are a hard time to pretend. I think they are when there are a lot of people who are perfect examples of the "tears of a clown." Thing is, if you really look into someone's eyes, you can see they are merely pretending to be happy. Be YOU. That's plenty good enough. ::smile::

I do hope your Christmas brought you many smiles...genuine ones.

Anonymous said...

Kelly, I am hoping that you spent a peaceful Christmas with your loved ones, and that you were blessed with the love of your family to help you through the tough times. Tina

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Ours was very nice. Don't forget to come for that visit sometime! Linda (Lelly)

Anonymous said...

Kelly
I've really been falling down being your friend lately and I'm sorry. I love you girl.
When you look at the boy clothes do you look at the size Josh was in or what he'd be wearing now? I find myself going back and forth between what Jordyn was in (2T) and what I "think" she'd be in now.

I love you.

Anonymous said...

Hi hon. Took me awhile to find you again. So many people left AOL that I lost track of journals. Still have many I can't find.
If possible, please let me know when you post an entry. I got spoiled to having alerts. If you can't, I'll try to keep checking. missed you.

Emily Suess said...

Hope you don't mind, but I'm tagging you to play along with "5 Weird Facts" about you. Happy New Year!!

Lippy said...

Hey....where have you been! Lost ya, miss ya! Come baccck!

Love ya

Jimmy

Astaryth said...

Hey, Just popping in to check up on you ;p Haven't heard anything? How's Life? You o.k.???

Prom said...

Where are you??

Charles said...

Hope you come back and let us know how things are going.

V said...

Welcome!
V

Donna. W said...

Hello out there? Where are you?

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I'm sorry there were down parts of christmas, but I hope the rest was awesome. I think of you everytime we watch Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. :) Hope all is well.