Monday, December 19, 2005

Sheets

I kid myself. I convince myself that if I just don't acknowledge it, don't even glance at it, that somehow it will not exist. The pressure comes, the waves of stress start crashing and I dive under the covers, close my eyes and make it go away. Writing. Writing about the mundane of my life. Even this little task forces me to come out from under the covers. I like the alone better. I like to put on my "look at me i'm normal" face and go to work and come home. Life with Princess is an every day thing and I am thankful that I have that reality every day to keep me grounded. It's just so hard. I am tired of it all being so hard, taking so much effort. The holidays seem to bring more of everything. More demands on my time, more forcing myself to put on a happy face. I have taken to not answering the phone, heck I don't even listen to the voice mails. I'm tired of people. Alone is easier. I don't know how the rest of the world does it. Goes to work, meets friends, takes care of a house and kids. I can barely put on matching shoes some days. And yet I trudge on because there is no other choice. The hope that tomorrow will be a little bit easier. Couldn't it just be a little easier? I need the pieces to start fitting so I don't feel so completely seperate from the rest of the world. So little of my life is under control. I'm tired of "hanging in there" darn it all I just want a piece of my old life back. I'm not completely sure what part - maybe the part where I felt slightly human.

9 comments:

Cynthia said...

So many people are depressed and fighting this in some form now, me included. As my friends have reminded me, Be gentle with yourself, and know you're not alone. ((((Hugs))))

Anonymous said...

nope noKelly, I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling sad. I wish I could wave a magic wand and make it all better but I know that I can't. I will keep you in my prayers though. I know you are sick of people right now but maybe when you like them again I could come to GR and we could meet. It might be fun! Linda

Christy said...

Kelly
sitting here in tears. I love you so much. For me I'm finding denial to be my friends at times. I love you.

Bon & Mal Mott said...

We agree, Kelly, growing up sucks. Life is often unkind. We hope that as time goes on, it will become easier for you. And you do have friends who care.
Best wishes,
Bon & Mal

Charles said...

I am glad you are back too. I hope everything goes well for your from here on out

Charles

Judith HeartSong said...

hang in there... this feels familiar to me too.

Astaryth said...

Although I am sorry you are feeling so stressed... I AM glad to see something from you. I've been a little worried...

And, if you could look inside of all those people who seem to have it all together... You might be really surprised. A LOT of people have real trouble dealing with this time of the year... And, You are not alone! We are here if you just need to vent... or not.

Dona Cox said...

Oh {{{{{{{Kelly}}}}}}}. Denial is a comforting friend at times and if only we could all go back to a certain past. If only...
These challenges now placed in your path really suck. What else can I or anyone else say to ease your mind and heart? Nothing, other than you know people do care deeply about you and wish you peace within. Perhaps, maybe, you can find a way to see your world through a child's eyes for just a moment or two. And I think you know someone who can show you how...

May you find peace my friend,
Dona

TJ said...

I have been checking for a new post everyday...nothing, not a word from you. We all wear a happy face to hide that " It just sucks to be me ". You are stretched thin and that is hard, you have suffered great losses I can't imagine. I am sending a wrapped around your body full hug!
To let us know u are there please make a entry and just type a single word...TJ