Monday, December 05, 2005

Who Ordered the Snow?

It's been coming down all day. I cancelled our Odyssey of the Mind practice so our parents wouldn't have to drive around in this crap any more than necessary. The roads aren't that bad, but this wind just keeps coming out of nowhere and sending big poofs of snow up into the road. For those of you from the south just imagine smoke from a grass fire popping up out of nowhere and destroying any hope of visibility you ever had. Driving in snow is someting of an art (one which, unfortunately, many northern drivers have yet to master). By 5 there were cars littering the ditches on the sides of the roads. I'm crossing my fingers that this won't be me in January as I start commuting a fairly treacherous 10 mile stretch of road.

School is looking almost great! I arranged my schedule so I have Tues & Weds off. Now I just have to move one class from a 2:00 to a 12:00 and it will be a perfect schedule! So I'll keep looking for something to open up at noon. Dare I hope it will even be a class that will allow me to cross off a boring requirement?!! It's almost too good to be true. I figure now I can spend this semester getting used to things. Then maybe try to get a job on campus for next fall.

Since I'm still a Math/Secondary Ed major I had to declare a teachable minor. Luckily I transferred 3 Psych classes in so I only need 3 more to get my minor in psych. Go me!

But enough about school - back to the snow. Princess was all bent out of shape today because I told her we could only go sledding after school if it was over 20. Since it wasn't I made an appointment for her to go get allergy shots. Needless to say she was none to happy with my choice of her after school activities!

Ah well, she can take it out on her daughter some day when SHE becomes
a mother!

12 comments:

Bon & Mal Mott said...

Thanks for the heads-up on what's coming. Here in NY it's brilliantly sunny, but it's deceptive. It's COLD.
Bon & Mal

Dona Cox said...

We've got snow here as well. Not that unusual, as it doesn't always stay long. Thank heavens, since after a couple of days driving on it, people tend to forget the roads are still icy and they return to their dry road driving habits.

Bedazzzled1 said...

Your poor daughter getting poked with needles instead of sailing down a snow-covered hill on a sled! Good call on your part, though. Frostbite would suck...especially if two seconds outside would cause it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly we didn't get that snow on monday but we are getting alot tonight I think! (Thursday) it has already started coming down. I am worried about the morning! I am so glad I can leave a comment now!! Linda

Charley said...

I just want you to know that you made my day by saying Odyssey of the Mind. I remember doing that in middle school and high school. Oh, what fun!!!!
With peace and love,
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage

BosieLadie said...

I'm excited for you to be getting your school schedule all setup and ready for next semester! Boy, snow! We are missing all the snow storms, but have had the sub-freezing temps for more than a week already. 19 degrees out right now!

Anonymous said...

Just thought I would pop over and say hi. I don't know when I will have another chance now that I am famous and all. LOL!! Send me some of that SNOW!!!

TJ said...

I am with you...it is just to cold!
Sledding and snow is so much fun but we do need a litle sun..
I have been thinking about you.
Love TJ

Charles said...

Kelly, hey where did you go? You haven't posted in awhile. Hope everything is alright.

Emily Suess said...

I'm with Charles. Hope whatever's keeping you from posting is good stuff! :)

Ann Marie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
~Rebecca Anne~ said...

I hope the holidays are treating you well, keeping you busy, and we'll be waiting for your return :o)

My best wishes,
Rebecca