Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Winter is Here

The calendar says winter is officially here. The weatherman says we have already gotten as much snow as we usually end January with. My yard tells me I already have all the snow I care to have this season. I know the tourism industry is thrilled with this snowfall. We didn't have much last year and there was not a lot of skiing to be had.

My classes are finally set for next semester. I'm excited. I'm in class M/W/F from 9-2 and get this - all four of my classes are in the SAME building! What are the odds? I'm not taking any of my education classes. Since those are at a different campus entirely I decided it would be smarter to take those this summer and knock them all out at the same time. They do offer a free bus that runs from one campus to the other. But since I am trying to squeeze in my classes while Princess is in school that extra trip would make it hard to be on time for anything. Parking is not going to be fun for any of my classes, and I'm not looking forward to braving the freezing temperatures. I still can't believe all my classes are in the same building! Here's what's on deck for this semester. Calculus (part 2 of 3), Psychology & Culture (one of my last requirements for my Pysch Minor), History of Medicine & Health (yawn), and Statistics (double yuck).

The books cost a fortune. And I might add the bookstore at my junior college is WAY nicer than the on at my new University. Oh wait, the selection of sweatshirts is nicer at the University, does that count for anything?? They had hardly any choices of pens or pencils or notebooks, it was sad. 'Cause you KNOW I can't stay away from the office supplies. So, I guess it means I have to force myself to take a trip to Office Max. It'll be torture, but I'll manage somehow.

4 comments:

Charles said...

Wow, the subjects that you are taking are, like WOW. I don't even think I would get an F. Is Z a grade?

Chris said...

From here I can see my "Brief Calculus with Applications" textbook from here. I don't think it's been opened in over 7 years!

Maybe I should go read it....nah!


Chris
My Blog
Click here for recipes & food stuff

Bon & Mal Mott said...

You certainly are energetic. We're content learning what we can from the library and the internet. Of course we don't plan on working again, so it's easy for us to say.
Bon & Mal

TJ said...

Look at you go....
So so happy to see an entry.
Remember you can regift those books...next year just wrap them and give them to someone (s) who considers themselves VERY smart.
Whatthehell..it's the thought that counts, leave the price tag on them if you think it will help with the thoughtfulness. LOL
TJ