Thursday, May 10, 2007

Balancing Blogs

I don't know how other people do it. They seem to have enough interesting things to say and have a blog here, a blog there, and throw a MySpace page in there you've hit the trifecta. I haven't been interesting in a while. I've hit my "other blog" a little bit, but I need to find a direction.

I like this space. I like that I could (COULD if I knew how!) make it my own. Maybe in my sparetime this summer between working and schooling and mommying I'll teach myself how to write code and give this place a few splashes.

It would be a shame to let it go to waste.

I used to have opinions and topics to write about.

What happened?

It is possible that I need inspiration? Or maybe just a big bowl of ice cream. Yeah, that's it, Ice Cream the cure for all things that go wrong. Make it chocolate ice cream. Or maybe Strawberry cheese cake ice cream with hot fudge and whipped cream and nuts and a big cherry on top.

Princess doesn't like cherries - but she does love ice cream. With lots of sprinkles.

We made the perfect ice cream sundaes a few weekends ago. We used mint chocolate chip ice cream. That sounds good too, doesn't it? Princess prefers the whipped cream that you have to squeeze out of a can through a nozzle. I don't, but heck it basically all tastes the same so why not humor the kid. She loves to pour it right in her mouth and as she gets closer and closer to turning 10 all I can think is I don't ever want her to be one of those kids that huffs to get high.

But how do you know? How do you know if you child is going to be easily swayed into trying drugs of any kind. I am pretty sure she won't ever smoke. Her dad has pretty much ruined her for that. Which is at least one useful thing he has done for her. About the only one, but I guess I should take what I can get.

She's so desperate to please people. I worry that she will be easily dragged down a slippery slope of sex or drugs or some other vice. On the other hand she is stubborn and bossy and opinionated, so maybe that will serve her well.

I guess all I can do is just keep talking to her and love her and know that whatever happens it is in His hands and not mine.

4 comments:

Emily Suess said...

Being childless, I can't comment with much credibility about the worries of parenting. But I can say that the two of you have excellent taste in ice cream.

BosieLadie said...

Ya know, we just never know. We hope and dream our kids are leaders and will make the right decisions when handed a bad hand in life. We can only hope we've instilled the best values in life so they make the best choices. Keeping the lines of communication open is sometimes harder as they get older, but by then, hopefully we've taught them well, and they know right from wrong and act accordingly, making us proud.

Blog inspiration... I've been falling behind on this too. I never was an every day writer, but at least once a week. Lately, I've been lucky to write once a month. Gosh! I haven't taken my camera out of it's bag in more than six months. Something's wrong with that!

Charles said...

Ice cream...Did you say ice cream. I'm dying for a milkshake. With sprinkles on top. I forgot all about sprinkles.

I don't know much about HTML, but I find it fun to mess around with it. LOL It took me forever to get the spiffy corners right.

I'm not a parent, so I really don't have any place offering advice, but I can say that as a child growing up watching people around me smoke and drink and act a fool because of drugs or alcohol, made me realize that I want no part of it. Perhaps your daughter will come to the same conclusion from seeing her father smoking.

Anonymous said...

Mmm. Ice cream.
Since I am not a parent, I can't really give you good advice there, but I will say that I am sure you are one of the best parents out there so that will make it easier for her to listen, and to remember the things you have told her :]
i've missed you! welcome back! and if you want some help on templates & decorations, let me know :]