Thursday, May 17, 2007

It's THAT time again

Cheerleading - the bane of mothers everywhere. Well, not ALL mothers, but THIS mother in particular. I am scared of all things girlie. But Princess just loves all things pink and sparkly and giggly. So, there it is, I am about to be a cheer mom for the 2nd year in a row.

Sign up for Sideline cheer was tonight. I dropped a pretty penny to sign her up. And of course we had to have new sweats because she outgrew her sweatshirt and sweatpants from last year. And this year they had new gold warm up shorts instead of the black ones, so we HAD to have those. Then, of course, there was the 3 day cheerleading camp with the varsity cheerleaders in June. Princess did that last year and really enjoyed it, so we signed up to do that again.

Thankfully I'm a good actress and Princess has no clue that I loathe cheerleading. Well, maybe she's aware that it's not my favorite choice of activities for her. I may have let it slip that I'd rather she sign up for a hockey team - LOL. But she knows I'm behind her 100%, I even agreed to be an assistant coach if they need one. You have NO idea how painful that was for me!

Practice doesn't start until almost the end of August. It's only rocket football afterall, so we don't have to be perfect. This way I have all summer to warm up to the idea.

I'm almost hoping they will need me to help out as an assistant coach. It would be good experience for my future teaching career; spending time with snotty little girls and their annoying parents and doing it all with a smile on my face. I'm good. I can do it.

2 comments:

Emily Suess said...

"I'm good. I can do it."

You're tougher than I am! :) Hope you both have fun.

Anonymous said...

ha ha.
Good luck!
Cheerleading is something else.
A world of it's own, I tell you.