Monday, September 11, 2006

9/11/01

Did you know that MSNBC ran the Today show coverage live this morning.....the rerun from 2001? I wish I would have known. I didn't get to see it the first time and I would have liked to have seen the whole thing. As it was I didn't turn the TV on until 11 and by then the events had all transpired. (Although I did get to see Katie Couric ask a Congressman if Congress was indeed meeting today and if so, where...oh yeah, the Capitol building was a possible target, so let's just announce on NBC where all of Congress is at the moment, brilliant journalism!) But, I digress.

I have looked all over to see if there was a master list somewhere of all the bloggers posting with the 2,996. Many of the people on my AOL alerts, and my Bloglines have posted wonderful tributes....I wish I would have made a note of all of them so I could share them with you. They were, after all, everyday people just like the rest of us.....people who were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

UPDATE: No wonder I couldn't find the master list for the 2996 project, I suspect the site is especially overloaded today....but you can access the list through a cache. Here's the google memory

Today is my dad's birthday. 59 this year! Hard to imagine having a birthday on such a "historic" day. I suspect we will have dinner and cake and enjoy our evening as if it was any other day.

I stayed home from school today. I was seriously in need of a mental health day. Taking classes all summer was just too much, and my break between summer and fall classes was NOT long enough! So as soon as the kids arrived this morning we were off to school and then I came home, layed on the couch and enjoyed the quiet. It was delicious!

Now, there are many wonderful tributes out there, but as I mentioned, I didn't bookmark any of them. So let me leave you with a choice of these two sites (they are both very similar so you can pick one or the other) Jimmy put one together 5 years ago, and another one more recently. Enjoy!


His Blog
On AOL

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your dad.
The tribute link can be found on my page, under "2996" graphic.
It was challenging, but amazing.

Tammy Brierly said...

Kelly,
It was great seeing your face pop in today. I've been reading and you have had quite the summer. Glad school is going well and thanks again for popping by :)

Lippy said...

Turnabout is fair play, and I thought it about time to repay your kindness and visit your blog here.

And it was a good day for me to do it, because this topic is so dear to my heart. I can't bear the thought of this day becoming a "holiday" about which no one remembers the true meaning.

The people we lost that day deserve to never be forgotten. Thanks so much,

Jimmy