Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Respite

Thousands of parents across the country are full of mixed emotions today.

BACK TO SCHOOL!!

You're happy that you don't have to hear "I'm bored" one more time. You're happy that your job as chauffer is now limited to after school. You're thrilled that education is back in the forefront of your child's mind.

But, you'll miss them (ok, not all the time, but the house does seem blissfully quiet today).

Princess started 3rd grade today (really, she did, I have pictures that sort of prove it, but camera is NOT cooperating). She looked adorable! I'm not sure she really wanted to go, but by the time I picked her up I saw nothing but grins :-) She can't wait to go back tomorrow. They all got the cutest little "homework organizers" as gifts from their teachers. She feels so grown up! Now if I can just get her to fall asleep tonight!

Last night was the longest ever. She was so worked up about school she couldn't fall asleep. And then woke up at 5 this morning with a tummy ache. I wasn't sure she was going to make it to school. Ah well, she's good and exhausted now and when she gets back from idiot's and crawls in bed she is going to fall asleep in about 2 seconds.

Back to school for me tomorrow (and gosh you'll be surprised to hear I have only finished about 1/3 of my homework). I'm gonna be up late tonight - with nobody to blame but myself!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, she is lucky! She goes back so late! My brother's been in school for almost a month now! I hope she has a good day :]

Charles said...

School starts Thursday for most kids here. My youngest sister is upset and doesn't want to go to school. She was in a Charter school before, and she had great grades.

Now that the city school district has closed the school, she has to go to a "regular" city school. The "regular" schools suck in Rochester. The kids act up and the curriculum isn't as challenging to her as it was as at the Charter school. I think its a valid excuse too, because I felt like I wasn't being prepared for my future when I was in school.