Friday, September 08, 2006

Warp Speed

On a lighter note, 40 years ago today Star Trek hit the air waves.

When Enterprise was cancelled last year it was the first time in 25 years that there was no Star Trek series or movie in production or development.

Isn't that unreal?

Call me crazy now, but I LOVE everything Star Trek. Beam me up, Scotty. I Love the crappy original episodes with unbelievable plots..damnit Jim, I'm a doctor not a bricklayer..., love Next Generation, Deep Space Nine and even Enterprise. I even admit to loving all the movies (yes, including the really BAD ones!). OOPS, forgot Voyager, I never really did catch up with that one, but the few episodes I did see, yup - loved 'em!

Let's hope for another 40 years of nerds dreaming and reaching for the stars, and most especially attending Star Trek Conventions. Because, hey, if we're all at the convention center at least you know where to avoid :-)

But, until that next convention let's lay in a course, warp factor 4

Engage

2 comments:

Astaryth said...

Star Trek ROCKS! It seems I've been watching it in one form or another my whole life. I like them all.

Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations... love that ideology

Oh, on another note, if you liked Star Trek, check at Babylon5...

Charles said...

Here, Here.

I love Star Trek too. I was so sad when they cancelled Star Trek: The Next Generation. I remember when I found out. My dad told me, and I was said, "NO they're not. I felt so sad, that day. With Enterprise, I was upset, but I wasn't surprised. I think that the people in Charge of the Star Trek franchise needs to change with the times. I saw just about every Star Trek episode of every show, except Deep Space Nine. It didn't interest me until the Dominion War.