Thursday, September 14, 2006

Fashion DON'T (and other rants)

So, it was cold and rainy again today. Not complaining TOO loud because we do need the rain. But does it have to rain the hardest at the exact moments I need to walk from my vehicle all the way across campus to get to my class? Why don't college campuses have parking lots adjacent to their largest classroom buildings? Why are the best and biggest parking lots on the side of the campus that has the football field? Where, may I add, there are NO classrooms?

Ranting about the rain. Do they NOT teach young drivers how to drive anymore? Leave extra space between you and the car in front of you when it's raining this hard because you WON'T be able to stop. There is a TON of water on the road and you are going to get yourself hurt! (mostly because I am going to slap you silly if you cut me off one more time....) AND have automatic lights made us freakin stupid? When it's dark and raining and gray (especially if you have a silver car people!) turn your damn lights on. AND when the power goes out, that light at the busy intersection that's out - yeah, it doesn't mean you can drive right through it because the car in front of you went through it, it's a four way stop! Or have the rules of driving changed since I went through drivers ed?

....and that was just my drive TO school :-)

Now, fashion police. If you are older than me and have obviously had a couple kids (or a couple too many cases of beer) you should NOT cut the bottoms off your t-shirts so that you can wear them 1/2 an inch above your jeans and let your roll of fat jiggle for all to see. Next, if you are a poor college student and the only pair of shoes that you have are flip flops (you know the cheap kind with the annoying hard piece of plastic that goes between your toes)I don't care HOW cold it is, please, please, PLEASE, do NOT wear socks with your flip flops!

I am now going back to figuring out how a vector of origin relates to the centroid of a flippin triangle (can you tell I am more than a little stressed right now?!)

4 comments:

Christy said...

So because you were stressed when you wrote this, is it ok that I'm cracking up at all the stupid people you came across?

BTW what's wrong with flip flops and socks? ROFL!!!!

Charles said...

You’re stressed, but loved that post.

All of that really happened in one day?

I don't think architects think about stuff like parking when they design layouts.

For example, the last two houses that I have lived in, has had the bathroom window in the shower and by the toilet.

Anonymous said...

people are retarded. i realized this in college. lol.
and i hate when people drive without their lights on in the rain & at dusk! grrr!

Lippy said...

LOL, and to take it one step further, if you're barefoot in the flip-flops, please learn what a pedicure is?
And seeing how I come from the State of Motorized Idiots, I beseech you, please don't get me started on Morons On Wheels.

Hope your day was better today.