Tuesday, April 25, 2006

2 down

Ah, I feel temporarily free. Which basically means i have 1/2 an hour to myself before I have to fetch Princess from school, amuse her 'til bedtime and then when she gets to bed it's back to studying for tomorrow's exams.

Today's first exam was Statistics - it was OK, i forgot several things (despite being allowed to bring cheat sheets (how dumb am i?)) but overall I think I pulled off a C, so my grade for that class should hang in the Bish category. Then there was Calculus. Grrr - that was hard! this woman gives us a review sheet last Wed and gives us 2 hours in class to work on it in groups, then you get to the exam today and only about 1/2 of the exam is stuff that was on the review sheet - WTF?! I still think I did OK, there was one 10 point question that I am sure I didn't get full marks on, and probably enough little mistakes that I'll have a B- or C+ on the test, so I think I can do a little "can't touch this" dance and celebrate passing Calculus! woo hoo!

(By way of my parents insurance agent) I was browsing a web-site where you can order medication through a company out of India (doesn't that just sound safe? >insert sarcasm here<) While I was looking at some of the medications I take, I looked at the oral contraceptives. I'll be ordering some from them in the next few days. Curiosity has gotten the best of me! You can get a pack for $3.09 (plus shipping of course) but get this, the packs are packs of TWENTY! Um, do they know something that I don't about women? 20 pills?! Just how exactly does that work?? I'll have to give you all a full report after I find out. I'm tempted to call the consumer reporter at our local TV station and have them take some drugs to a lab to get them analyzed. See if they even are close to what they say they are. For all I know they'll be sellin me sugar pills >giggle<

It is a crappy, cold, overcast day here. Princess insisted on wearing her flip-flops to school. Being the good mommy that I am, I let her freeze her toes off and told her she HAD to take her sneakers & socks in her backpack and if the sun didn't come out she couldn't go out for recess without putting them on. That's where I'm lucky. I know that even though she is at school, and I'm not there, she will put the shoes on at lunch time. Of course, when she gets out of school here shortly, I am sure I will have to hear about all the other girls who had sandals on and how they weren't "that cold" and why can't she just where hers. She definately gets the whining gene from me!

I'm looking forward to finishing my exams tomorrow and then doing absolutely nothing on Thursday, maybe I'll take myself to a movie while her majesty is in school. I've heard "Thank You for Smoking" is worth seeing (albeit this opinion came from young, young college students, but I may give it a shot anyway). Who really cares what you're watching as long as you have the gallon of pepsi and the popcorn with butter flavored toping :-)

1 comment:

Bedazzzled1 said...

I love the spam I get from the Internet prescription drug peddlers...especially when they MISSPELL the name of the medication. Surely that drives me to immediately order the misspelled med, since it is clear they are well-informed and everything is on the up and up. ::eyeroll::

Do let us know how those sugar pills are!