Saturday, April 22, 2006

Playing Catch Up

I've been surfing, trying to read the last post or two in journals that I haven't been to in months. I had forgotten how many great people I have been missing.

Today was a good day. Spring is here, and I am almost feeling human for the first time in ages. Princess is gone camping until tomorrow with her idiot father. I needed the break. It's been too long since I have had an opportunity to do absolutely nothing.

I'm putting school on the back burner for the day. I'm not going to even crack a book. My first exam isn't until Tuesday, so I'll have some time tomorrow before her majesty gets back from camping. And then during the day Monday she'll be at school, which means more study time.

There was a hysterical story on the news last night.
Petition to lower gas prices The governor seems to think that the president should be working to cap the amount of profit that "big oil" is making from gas. As the governor of Michigan, shouldn't she be more worried about, oh I don't know, perhaps the Big 3 auto makers. You know, the companies that don't seem to want to put anything gas efficient on the market, don't want to transition over to making hybrid vehicles that are better for the environment and would, to a small extent, help lessen our need for foreign oil. The auto companies, who unlike the oil industry, can't pay their taxes or their employees!!! As the governor of Michigan, isn't that what SHE should be worried about? Making industy that can compete on a global market. Industries that don't destroy the great lakes that surround our beautiful state?

Silly me for thinking politics has gotten out of hand?!

Ah well, it feels good to put my thoughts back out there into the great unknown of cyberspace. I'm starting to feel better already.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelly....yes it's time to come back!! Just ignore those darn adds...they really suck!! :) Come on back and start posting...you've been missed!

BosieLadie said...

We should all be doing our part to keep our little blue earth healthy.