Saturday, May 06, 2006

3 for $1

It's been a couple of lazy days around the house. This means more work for mommy trying to entertain the little one while making her stay on the couch. She was exhausted yesterday so I let her stay home from school. By noon I couldn't take it anymore and we headed out to go see Hoot. I figured at the movie theater there was at least a chance she wouldn't be whining to go outside and play. Both of us really enjoyed the movie. There was only one other person in the whole theater, so it was kinda cool being at a private showing! (Getting there before school gets out made a big difference on opening day :-))

Before the movie we had a few minutes to kill so we went into the local dollar store. She found a bag of punch balls (you know, thick balloons with rubberbands attached to them). Three for a buck - what a deal! We have been playing with them all day. I highly recommend them for releasing all that pent up frustration! Of course, they are cheap, so every once in a while, the end pops open and the whole thing deflates. And then you get to blow it up again. But, what the heck - it's been keeping her entertained for hours. We also picked up a huge bag of Smarties while we were there.....so I'm sort of on a sugar high right now :-)

I did eventually give into the princess last night and let her go to open gym. I figured she had been taking it easy all day and told her she could go with her friend as long as she promised me she would take it easy. They had a really great time, but of course, she woke up with a fever this morning. When will this mommy learn?!! Thankfully after a couple Motrin, she has been back to semi-normal all day.

We are both excited. Grandma & Grandpa should make it back to town before 9 tonight. We have a play to go to (our middle school is putting on a musical). Hopefully by the time we get out of the play, they will be home waiting for us.

I have been a good girl today. While her majesty has been on the couch taking it easy, I have gotten a few of the things off my list done! I feel like I have almost accomplished something (almost being the operative word here).

Classes start on Monday, so I'm trying to juggle the carpool schedule and make sure that everything is set for next week. I can't believe it's time to go back to class already! One of my classes only has 10 people in it; the other one has about 20 - so it should be a nice 6 weeks. This semester I'm taking Psychology of Disabilities and Introduction to Education. Second half of this summer will be Calc 2 and Computers in Education. It's going to be a lot of work, but I'm looking forward to getting it over with. One semester closer to being done!

On a happier note, I forgot to report that they caught the freak that raped the 84 year old woman last week. He says he doesn't remember a thing because he had just been smoking meth (or doing some drug; not sure which it was - and do you think I can find the story on our local news page?!!)

And speaking of local news - 2 thumbs up to the residents who showed up in force at a military funeral yesterday to stand between the family and those freak protesters from Kansas. If God is going to condemn these soldiers for defending such an awful country..... I wonder just what He is going to do to all of THEM for continuing to live here?

3 comments:

Christy said...

Hoot looks like it'll be cute, when it gets over here I'll take the boys to it. I took them to see 8 below today, that was cute, other than the 1 freaky leopard seal portion!

Ok, so onto the point of why I felt the need to comment! I can't stand those jerks from Westboro Church.
In high school, we'd go and um...do not such good things! :X They're always protesting something and telling everyone what God HATES and how everyone other than them, obviously is going to Hell.

I must admit I'd love to be a fly up in Heaven when that family gets up there and has to Face Jesus....and see's how they've judged everyone for everything, but see nothing wrong with what they're doing. I watched a segment of the idiot daughter, who's a lawyer (hence how they find a loop hole out of EVERYTHING), they laid into her and of course she looked like a fool.
It's sad, those who are not Christians and then see these people. :(

Growing up just 30 minutes away from these freaks, I've always had disdain for them. Knowing that they're protesting our soldiers who fought for our country and another country so they can have freedom, they're disgusting. It's wonderful that your locals stood up against these jerks.

greatwhitebear said...

I have blogged about these nut jobs a number of times. You have to see their website to believe it. Now they are claiming that the government bombed their church with an i.e.d. back in 1995, in order to stop their anti gay preaching. check out http://www.godhatesfags.com

Even though they are annoying, and sometimes infuriating, they are also so pathetic I sometimes feel sorry for them. How miserable it must be to live your life so full of hatred, vitreol, and fear.

here in Indiana, most of the local communities have passed laws making it a felony to march, protest, or creat a disruption within 500 yds of a funeral or burial.

At the military funerals we've had here since, there has also been a very large presence of law enforcement, verterans, and motorcycle gangs ringing the site exactly 501 yds away. we quickly discovered that like most bullies, the folks from the WBC are pretty much craven cowards. We've had four straight military funerals they vowed to disrupt, but never showed up for.

Charles said...

You have a dollar store near your theater too. I go in there sometimes to see if they have my suave lotion.

I like those private showings. I can sit anywhere I want, or prop my foot on the chair in front of me. I sure could have used that private showing when I went and saw Silent Hill. People in back of me were talking on there cell phones, talking to themselves, and talking badly about the movie.