Sunday, May 21, 2006

Test Me

The bad thing about summer school is the pace of the classes. Cramming 1 week of material into each day of class makes for interesting study patterns. I already have a test in each of my classes this week. I think they will both be fairly easy, but I don't want to take any chances, so studying is the word of the day. And let's not forget the rest of the homework I need to continue working on!

Speaking of homework, I'm going to come to the blog-o-sphere and ask you if you know anybody who is physically disabled who might be willing to answer a couple of general questions. I'm writing a paper on the challenges faced by people with physical handicaps and I thought it might be better if I included some real thoughts, instead of just what the books say. More than that I really want to include the perspective or real people in my paper. So, please, if you know anybody that is paralyzed or an amputee or confined to a wheel chair for another reason, please drop them a line on my behalf and ask them if they have a couple minutes to answer a few questions. (Thanks guys! You're the best :-)

I volunteered to work with the PTO next year. The mom that got roped into being President has a daughter in Princess's class so I took pity on her and volunteered to help. AAAHHHH - I'm not sure it was the best decision on my part. I'm going to be busy next year, but the year after that is student teaching so there's no way I'll be able to help then. And let's face it education is all about parents being involved.

We signed Princess up for Junior Cheerleading the other night. I can't even wrap my mind around the fact that my adorable daughter thinks cheerleading is cool. My nose was too far into the closest book to think about cheerleading. 'Course back in my day the cheerleaders were not always the sharpest tools in the shed. Now it has morphed into a sport at some schools. Well, she can try it now while she's young and see if it's something that she likes. I just have to try to avoid getting roped into being an assistant coach or working at the concession stand!

Here's another question for you, why is it when you are trying to avoid doing anything productive that you can NEVER find anything good on TV?

5 comments:

Christy said...

No answers for any of the questions that actually deserve good answers, but for the tv one....I have an answer! :)
It's because you're not supposed to be watching tv! ROFL! You couldn't figure that one out could you???!!!!! LOL

Love ya girl...you have fun being all busy and productive with life ok!

Charley said...

As for TV, I'm going with this answer:

It's alive and knows you want to goof off, so it will torture you.

That's the ticket!

Be well,
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/cdittric77/courage

greatwhitebear said...

because if tv wasn't bad, it wouldn't be mind numbing. And if it didn't numb your mind, you'd soon be doing all those creative things you are trying to avoid in the first plaxce!

Charles said...

You are keeping busy aren't you. Just don't over do it. Sometimes I wonder if I kept busy like you, would I stop thinking about the negatives in my life.

TJ said...

Did ya ask Tammy?
daily warrior in my quest list...