Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Just Breathe

Somehow I managed to make it through the entire day (up until about 3 minutes ago) without realizing that tomorrow is Wednesday. And not just any Wednesday. May 3 - already! How could it be here already?! I'm aghast at myself for not realizing that it was practically here. I mean, I knew it was coming, but geesh! I'll save that post for tomorrow because there's no reason to make myself cry buckets any more than is necessary :-)

My grades were FINALLY posted today! I just want to go shout to the world:

I GOT a "C" IN CALCULUS....and not even a pesky minus after it, a solid C - woo hoo! I have been dancing all afternoon!

So, for those of us who are keeping tally; it's two A-'s and two C's. Not too bad. GPA is a solid 2.85 (which isn't quite up to my usually oh 3.4ish, and let's not forget my solid 4.0 from last winter! I'm getting that one framed!) I'll take what I can get though, and I am gonna be doing a happy dance well into the night over my big fat C from my stupid Calculus professor!

I was reading over at
John's blog (and yes, I still read him, even though he works for the bad company) that half of adults between 18 and 24 can't find Mississippi on a map! Somehow, sadly, this doesn't surprise me. If you want to test your skills, here's a test my daughter loves. And when that gets to easy, go back to the main page and find a harder test! And just so you know - I ROCK at these games, I kick the princess's butt every time we play (LOL - look at me, beating the eight year old!)

On the subject of not knowing where Mississippi is.... I was playing a game online last night, minding my own business. A couple of people were talking in chat so I checked out their profiles (because, yes, I'm nosey darnit all!). One of them has listed UK as the place they come from. The other one has listed Deep in the South as theirs. As the one from the UK says good night, the other one says "hey, were is the UK from the USA?" (meanwhile I'm thinking, is this person SERIOUS?) the answer? "across the ocean" (really, what else was she supposed to say?) So basically we have become a nation that can't find Mississippi and doesn't know where England is on the map?

Where's my "proud to be an American" t-shirt.....maybe i'll start wearing it inside out :-)


6 comments:

Emily Suess said...

Yippeee!!! Wtg with the grades. I admire you for even attempting a course like calculus! (We liberal arts majors won't go near the math and science schools on campus!)

Astaryth said...

I know I already congratulated you on the C... w00t! but I wanted to do it here too ;)

Charley said...

Congratulations! You're awesome!

Peace and love,
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/cdittric77/courage

Anonymous said...

Great job on getting the c in calculus!! I am worried about plain old algebra! Come and help me please! Only a few more days till I start back to school. I am so scared! Linda

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Great job in Calculus! :)
I'm going to have to go and play the games and see how I do :)

Christy said...

We already talked about the grades, but I'll stay yeah baby!! I read the article about kids not being able to find Mississippi or La. sad state of affairs.

Ok, that person (man or woman) is a complete moron! Now knowing what UK is.

Ok, so here's a question for you Kelly....why do Europeans call it "The Netherlands" while us idiot English speaking people call it "Holland"??? It's one that I keep meaning to see if I can find out the reason behind!

Of course, I will not blame the name change on American's...I blame it on all those from the UK! hehe!