Monday, May 08, 2006

Back in Class

It felt good to be back in class today. (Even if it was 3 hours and 20 minutes worth!). Today was Psychology of Disabilities. I feel pretty good about choosing this class. The professor is going to be interesting, and I feel like I'm familiar enough with the subject matter to pull out a decent grade. (the good part about being an "old" student? life experience!)

I was reading an article today about the shows that are ending this season. Those of you who know me, can't help but knowing that I am a West Wing nut! At the beginning of this season, I have to say that I was glad they were cancelling. The caliber of shows were not up to their usual standard and each episode just got more disappointing. But, after the last couple episodes I'm dying for them to try and make a go of it! The dynamics between the characters, the laughing, the crying - it's all back! Unfortunately it's back on Sunday night's at 8:00. Which NBC idiot came up with this idea?! Oh sure, let's put one of the only good shows in our lineup against Extreme MakeOver: Home Edition! Let's put it on at 8:00 so Kelly can't watch it because she's busy putting Princess in bed (and therein lies my biggest complaint! lol)

And wasn't NBC the stupid network that decided to piss off half of America by airing a show about a minister and his wacky family? Have they learned nothing from the long running series? West Wing has been on 7 years, 7th Heaven has been on what 9 or 10 years? and how long was Touched by an Angel on? These shows have proved that family friendly drama have a place in programming, so why aren't more production companies and networks embracing them? Are writers just not writing stuff like this anymore?

I certainly don't claim to know. I just wish there were more decent choices out there.

4 comments:

Charley said...

Too right - Jillian and I actually cancelled our cable subscription because of all the trash on TV!

Be well,
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/cdittric77/courage

Emily Suess said...

You're right about the junk on TV... But shouldn't you be studying anyway? :)

Anonymous said...

I agree. I never got into WW, but my mom always loved it and watched it a lot! YAY on class :)

Christy said...

I've been waiting for WW to come on over here, WHEN??? Ugh!! Anyways, you know I love that show too. What's wrong with all these idiot's from CBS just cancellng Judging Amy by never bringing it back (that was a smart move too @@) to NBC cancelling West Wing.
But hey, there's plenty of trash tv on out there.

You're going to do awesome in your classes this summer!

Love ya girl