Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Give me TWO helpings

Need an extra dessert to throw on your Thanksgiving table? This one is easy peasy and tastes SO good!

I call this one Grandma's Cherry Crunch (and I have NO idea where she got the original recipe from). So, here's what you need:

1 can cherry pie filling (substitute your favorite pie filling flavor here)
1 tsp lemon juice

1 white cake mix
1 stick oleo

preheat oven to 350

Pour pie filling into a 9 inch pan, mix in lemon juice (not sure what the heck the lemon juice is actually for, my first thought is to help it not stick to the pan?? Or maybe it's just for taste? I have no clue!)

Melt margarine in microwave and blend into dry cake mix (now, my mom uses 1 stick of real butter and I like to use about 1 1/2 sticks of margarine so if you feel like you want to add a little more butter, go for it). Crumble cake mix on top of pie filling. (I like mine best when I use about 1/2 of the cake mix for topping, but again this is a to taste kinda thing). Make a bigger pan by using 2 cans of filling and put it in a 9 X 13 pan - for this pan I do use the WHOLE cake mix :-)

Cook for 40 minutes, and of course, serve with whipped cream or ice cream!

I'm off to make one myself so maybe I'll get motivated and add a picture later.

5 comments:

Astaryth said...

Happy Turkey day to you, Princess, and all the rest of your family...

http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

Charley said...

Yummy recipe! Now, if I can only convince Jillian to make it... ;).
Enjoy the Holiday!
With peace and love,
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage

Dona Cox said...

Wishing you and Princess a peaceful Thanksgiving holiday!

~Dona

Bon & Mal Mott said...

That sounds good. Happy Thanksgiving!
Bon & Mal

Anonymous said...

Holy Martha Stewart! I didn't even know you knew what Oleo was! I am so impressed! Get down with your bad baking self! You go girl! Happy Thanksgiving!