Friday, November 25, 2005

Turkey Day is Over

It's been a strange week. I have had the entire week off. Working in a doctor's office we were closed on Thanksgiving AND today. Harumpf. Since I usually only work Thursday and Friday this means no money for me! Ah well, it's been worth it to have the week off. I didn't realize how stressed I was getting. Or, maybe I did but didn't want to admit it. I'm feeling a little better today and looking forward to a semi-relaxing weekend.

Yesterday we enjoyed Thanksgiving with my mother's family. Well, those we're on speaking terms with anyway! My mom & her sister usually take turns doing Thanksgiving and this year we were at my aunts newly remodeled (to the tune of more money than I'll ever make) house. Looking around the table you would have seen my mom, dad, brother, me, princess, my aunt, uncle and cousins J1, J2 & J3. The boys are great - the oldest a college freshman, the middle in high school and the youngest in middle school. On top of that they adore princess, so how can I go wrong?

After well all ate until we couldn't eat anymore (even princess cleaned her plate) we hung out and talked and laughed. My dad, brother & uncle went downstairs to watch football. Princess talked the boys into playing Monopoly. Of course the pies came out of the fridge shortly and we stuffed our faces again (complete with ice cream and whipped cream!).

I couldn't get over how well princess behaved yesterday. Gosh, I'm going to have to get us invited to my aunt's more often. She was polite, she was laid back - it was great! When we got home she wanted to play monopoly again. We popped in Herby Fully Loaded and played Monopoly for hours. She kicked my butt too!

I have nothing profound to say today. Princess is at open gym with her friend Sweetie. I have to pick them up in an hour and then Sweetie is sleeping over. Although princess has already called Grandma and asked if they can sleep over THERE instead. It seems grandma is just more fun than mom is. Grandma said it would be OK as long as mommy slept over too. Princess was not thrilled, but it seems this was better than being stuck here with JUST me - rofl. We have to bring Sweetie home by 10 tomorrow, then idiot comes to pick up princess at 10:30. At least I know by 11 I should be off to nap land. Or maybe I'll take myself to Rent if I'm conscious enough.

So many choices when you have no children to worry about.

I still need to get to the store to pick up the fixins for "make your own pizza" night. Of course maybe I should wait until AFTER I pick the girls up. Knowing them they have changed their mind in the last few hours about what they want for dinner.

(and oh wow, what a boring entry this is! i better quit now before i put myself to sleep!)

2 comments:

Bon & Mal Mott said...

Daughter didn't want mom along on her outing with her friend? That must fall into the category of 'parents can be such a pain.'
We remember thinking that when we were young. (Wow, what long memories we have!)
Bon & Mal

Laura said...

well?
did you see it?
well?
you don't have to like it just because I did. ;)