Thursday, November 17, 2005

I'm Thankful


John's Weekend Assignment #86: Who are you thankful for -- who you won't be able to spend this Thanksgiving with? This is a chance to tell us about the people you care about who will be far away from you this holiday, or who have passed on but remain in your heart.
The face missing at my Thanksgiving table again this year will be my son Joshua. I am so thankful for the five wonderful years we had together (obviously he's not five in this picture, but it's one of my favorites! so you're getting this one), and this will be my 5th Thanksgiving without him. The holiday season has become so bittersweet. The gathering of family, to me, only makes his absence that much harder. I cherish the memories I am making with my daughter, but it will never be the same as it was before cancer entered our lives.

Extra Credit: Pumpkin pie vs. pecan pie -- which do you choose for Thanksgiving dessert? EW! Neither thanx, not a pumpkin pie fan, and even less of a pecan pie fan (and Robin needs to know just how to say 'pecan' so click here) It will be apple pie for me thanx - Michigan has some of the best apples ever!

6 comments:

Laura said...

never the same again but how rich you are for having this angel in your life. I can almost see that sweet smile as he watches over you as one of the sweetest angels.
I'll be thinking of you this Thanksgiving
hugs

Donna. W said...

I can't even imagine the kind of hurt that goes with losing a child. God bless you.

Anonymous said...

I love that picture. I love Josh.

(((((((Kelly))))))))))

Tammy Brierly said...

I'm very sorry for your loss! May you enjoy this holiday season and the many to come. Bless you both!

Lippy said...

I like mincemeat pie...imagine that? or how about custard?

I will think of you on Thanksgiving, and hope that the void is never too much to bear. You are wise to remember the good years that you did manage to have. I hope that love stays with you forever.

Loveya

Anonymous said...

Look at that sweet face ! You were indeed, blessed. I know the holidays must be so hard for you. Know that I am thinking of you and praying that you have a blessed Thanksgiving. Tina