Saturday, November 26, 2005

I love Saturday!

I love Saturdays. Usually Saturday morning is my day to sleep in. The day when Princess is at her dad's and I have nothing but quiet to keep my company. Of course quiet also brings plenty of time for thinking. Which isn't always a good thing. Last night we slept at Grandma's so the girls could watch Herbie Fully Loaded on the big screen TV. The three of us slept in the basement and nobody fell asleep until at least 11. I am so tired today!

We dropped Sweetie off at 10 and Princess got picked up at 10:30, and now here I am. Flicking through "there's nothing on TV" channels. Wondering how the heck I am going to survive another December. Grandma put the Christmas tree up at her house with the girls this morning while I made breakfast. So, out came all the ornaments. Ornaments that Josh made in pre-school, ornaments that Princess has made. I'm dreading putting our tree up. So many more memories. I couldn't even bring myself to do it last year. This year, I will get up the nerve somehow.

Tonight I'm seeing Mr. Right Now. He's coming back from his parents today so we'll have plenty of holiday stories to exchange. Princess will be home bright and early tomorrow so maybe, just maybe we'll drag the tree and the ornaments out of storage. And then another week begins. It's going to be another week of running out to the university to try to get things ready for next semester.

Today is just one of those days where I wonder how I am going to do it all. Do I even want to keep trying to do it all? Gosh, I just don't know!

3 comments:

Bon & Mal Mott said...

Although at times it can seem overwhelming, you are presently creating memories that will last a lifetime (and perhaps beyond.)Be well and take care, Kelly.
Bon & Mal

Lippy said...

Hey,
This is one of those times that you realize how much you can put up with for the sake of a child. I'll be holding your hand in spirit when you do the tree.

Luv ya

Charley said...

As someone with family troubles of his own, I can tell you it is one day at a time, and BE NOT AFRAID.

With peace and love,
Charley
http://journals.aol.com/CDittric77/Courage