Saturday, November 12, 2005

What Happened to Fall

I stepped outside momentarily to grab something out of my van (yes, I'm one of those poor souls whose garage is NOT attached to the house, but heck, I'm just thankful I have a garage to park in)...any way I stepped outside and was greeted by a familiar smell.
The smell of winter! That cold that smells so clean that you just know snow isn't too far away.
There's a cold front coming through and it's dropped 15 degrees in a few hours. And it's only going to get colder.
This morning I had coaches training for
Odyssey of the Mind. Princess and I participated for the first time last year and we are looking forward to another fun-filled year! We're still in the primary division so it's "just for fun"; not graded, not ranked, no way to advance from regional to state to world - once you compete at regionals your season is done. This year our school is fielding 2 primary teams, that's 14 little first and second graders - and they are SO excited! I'm excited too. Our problem this year is about traveling to another planet, and being the sci-fi fan that I am I can hardly wait to see how their little minds work. It is truly amazing to watch 7 minds tackle a problem and then go to regionals and see how many different solutions there are to the problems and they are so cute doing their skits (even the big kids!). I can't say enough good things about this program :-)
Princess talked me into taking her to see
Chicken Little. This movie cracked me up! I don't remember the last time we had so much fun at a movie. The music is intoxicating, you can't help but tap your toes through most of the movie. Cute, cute, cute! If you haven't seen it, grab a kid and go :-) Not only was it funny, but as the aliens came on the screen I thought, gosh, this will give her some good ideas for the Odyssey problem this year. LOL - guess I am a little too excited to get our team started. The movie was only about 80 minutes long, but somehow we still seemed to eat way too much popcorn and airheads and drink WAY too much pop! I've still got a sugar buzz.
I was a bad mommy and let Princess stay up until 9 tonight. I'll be paying in the morning when it's time to get up for church. Especially since she slept at Grandma's last night and somebody let her stay up until ELEVEN! Only Grandma's get away with that kind of behavior.
Tomorrow is going to be a total day to chill. Church and then dinner at grandmas (she's making one of my favorite chilly day meals - crock pot roast - yum!) I'm thinking we need to watch Harry Potter 3 again tomorrow, because you know...... only six more days!

No comments: