Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Whoa!

There's some really thick, um, rain (yeah, that's it) accumulating on my lawn. So far I'd guess 2-3 inches of it. It's so strange to look outside and see everything covered in white! Now, living in Michigan you would think I should be prepared for such a thing. I mean, come on, it IS November. In my defense I don't ever take my snow (strike that) thick rain brush out of my van. You never know when you're going to need it!

Princess is SO excited. We had to get out the boots and a decent pair of mittens. She's been wearing her cloth ones just to keep her hands warmer, but any mom knows that those things are no good once the snow hits them. Such a joy to pull those all soaked out of a packpack at the end of the day - NOT!

Aside from the weather it's been a crazy day. Wednesday is gymnastics, which means we come home from school have a quick snack, do homework for 15 minutes and then turn around and out the door we go. We had another new teacher added to the mix today, and I really liked her. She latched right onto the strengths and weaknesses of all the girls in class and made them work like dogs! Princess was good and tired after 2 hours of being put through the paces. She also left encouraged by news that if she keeps working on a couple of things she might be able to advance to level six for the next session (about New Year's). I'd really like her to stay on level 5 for a while, every new level introduces scarier and scarier skills and I've had about all I can take :-)

Tomorrow night is the 4th/2nd grade play. Princess is a narrator (which is a big deal because most of the bigger parts went to the 4th graders). She's a little nervous tonight, but I assured her that she's going to do fine. After we said prayers tonight we were talking and she said, "But mom, what if I stand up there and forget everything". AWWWW - poor thing! She is going to be fabulous, but I told her I am already proud of her even if she forgets everything that she has been practicing. I'm a little worried for her, because she didn't even ask what time the play was - so I'm pretty sure she hasn't invited her dad. Hopefully if her dad feels the need to take his frustrations out on somebody it will be me, and not her. 'Cause I sure as heck wasn't gonna call him and invite him.

Oy, get me off this subject it's only succeeding in making me angry.

I'll be interested to see what we wake up to tomorrow. Dare I hope for a snow day so early in the season? The way I figure the odds are good. It's a work day for me and you know they always schedule the weather on the least convenient days for parents!

5 comments:

Bon & Mal Mott said...

HERE you are. Here we are - http://ofmiceandpuzzles.blogspot.com. It's a shame but whaddaya gonna do?
We're getting our very own 'lake effect' "heavy rain" alert here on the south shore of Ontario. (Sigh)
Every year we hope we'll be spared and global warming will make thick water shovels unnecessary. Oh well.
Bon & Mal

Charles said...

Hey, you got snow already, cool. As "Charles" I can't wait for it to snow, but as an "employee at my job", I am dreading the day. As you can see I have mixed feelings. Hope you get your snow day.

Emily Suess said...

We have snow here too. But it's not sticking. The flakes are huge and taking their precious time landing on earth. I'll never turn down a good snow unless it's after Jan 1. I love it around holiday time...and Thanksgiving is only a week away!

Anonymous said...

LOL we got 18 inches here :)~ No bragging allowed unless ya beat that. ::grin:: Told John that too while he posted his dusting.
d

Karen Funk Blocher said...

"Thick rain," huh? That's a new one! I sorta kinda miss the stuff, myself. I don't think we've had any at all in several years now.

Your link has just been added to my Blogspot sidebar, by the way. Hang in there! This really should be posted to the other entry, but i know what it's like to have bittersweet memories at Thanksgiving!

Karen
http://outmavarin.blogspot.com
http://mavarin.blogspot.com